Thursday, August 10, 2006

MY KITTY CAT BOOTS WENT TO KITTY CAT HEAVEN YESTERDAY ...

I had to put my kitty cat Boots to sleep yesterday.

I loved her a lot.

You know as a Catholic girl I was brought up to always pray to the particular Saint for whatever your request would be.

Like if you felt crazy you would pray to Saint Dymphna because she is the patron Saint of mental "issues."

Or if you need a job you should pray to Saint Joseph because he was responsible for providing the necessities to baby Jesus.

So naturally when my kitty cat Boots got sick I prayed to St. Francis of Assisi because ... well you should know what his specialty is for crying out loud.

I also took her to the kitty cat Doctor.

But she didn't get better...

So what's up with the praying to the Saints?

Do you have to give them advance notice for your prayers to be answered?

Wasn't St. Francis taking requests yesterday?

Why do some prayers get answered and some don't?

Do they show favoritism?


Do the Saints and God just not like some people and when those people pray to them they say...

"Whatever... good luck with that prayer request?"

And then laugh?

I don't get it.

Obviously I didn't my prayers answered.

My kitty cat Boots is dead.

And that makes me very sad.

Kind of pissed at St. Francis too.

No comments: