Sunday, August 24, 2014

SATURDAY MORNING IN THE HOOD

DPCBG has been clean 8 days.

She asks for a lot more favors when she's not on drugs. 

Yesterday morning we were awakened to the neighbors 2 houses down fighting. I have no idea who they are, where they came from, they may be new. I can't see their house because it's on my side of the street and there's only a house between us. 

So here come 3 police cars, I'm outside on the porch, DPCBG is out on her porch and the nice Mexican lady next to DPCBG is also out on her porch. She's the lady that DPCBG was mean to and I had to straighten DPCBG out because I love Mexican people and have Mexican family members. They are nice to each other now.

Anyway, police are everywhere and after so many times you just become immune and it's not fun to watch anymore but these were new so I had to check it out. Boring. Daytime officers are usually the old ones anyway.

DPCBG knows them by name O.O and says, "Hello Officer blah blah."

Since a lot of her former employment was on 10th Street I assumed that's how she knew him.

So I had to keep watching. After the melee subsided Officer Blah Blah came over and talked to DPCBG a couple of minutes, SHAKES HER HAND and leaves.

Since DPCBG was bringing a couple of loads of her laundry over because her water was turned off again I asked what was up with that. Cops usually aren't big on hand shaking and not one time have they shook MY hand and I'M the one giving them helpful hints. Hmmmph.

Apparently she told him about her being clean for 8 days and he was proud of her. I almost freaking started crying. I guess he arranged for her to talk to the middle schoolers one time, ALL of them in the auditorium about her childhood and how she wasn't allowed to go to school and how it led to drugs and prostitution.

 

He asked her to consider doing that again and she asked me if I would go with her. I said ok even though middle schoolers scare me.

DPCBG had the worst childhood of anyone I've ever known ever. Had a baby at 13 by her stepfather, that her mother is STILL with, they used to move into houses that had been boarded up, that's called bandit housing and somehow you get the utilities on I'm not sure how but she had to stay home and watch for the police instead of going to school and her mother was walking the streets. Her sisters were allowed to go to school.

One of her sisters would come over to her house and bully her and take her things. I put an end to that and it only took one time of telling her what was up.

Saturday morning in the hood.

No comments: